However, I found myself in a little slump and I thought it would be a nice way to remind myself of the little things that are definitely worth smiling about! (because there are always plenty, when you think about it).
1. Without the rain, you would never appreciate the sunshine. I think one of British peoples favourite past-times is criticising the weather; too hot, too cold, too grey. It's never quite right. Although I've found myself appreciating this little cold spell, even if it just means I can have a hot chocolate without looking weird or have a bit of a sofa day, without feeling too guilty. And that makes me very happy.
2. The all clear. If there's one thing we should smile about, it's our health. My Great Grandma drilled it into me at a young age that we really are fortunate that everything in our body is doing its job. As much as I tend to criticise my body for not looking a certain way or being able to do certain things, it really is doing a great thing just getting me from point to point. We also found out this week that my boyfriend basically has the all clear from his stroke recovery and that everything can return to normal - so we're beyond pleased about that!
3. Twenty-five. It's my birthday on Wednesday, the 28th! And I am turning 25. I knew after my 21st that all birthdays would feel fairly daunting and 'oh my god, I'm getting old' but I'm just going to embrace it and see where it takes me. Sure, I'm not where I expected to be in life at this age - but that doesn't mean it isn't still on its way. It's all about being patient and accepting what comes.
4. A new look. In case you haven't noticed, my blog has had a mini face-lift over the past few days! I wanted something cleaner looking, yet still had a bit of a personal touch to it & I think this template ticks all those boxes. I'd love to know what you think!
5. Silly rodent faces. If one thing instantly puts a smile on my face, it's my little pet rat Skye. She is just ridiculous. The faces she makes when eating boiled chicken (like a combination of actual bliss & pure happiness) make me smile so big. I can't even help it. She's awesome.
What has been making you smile lately? :)