It's my birthday! And I'm the grand old age of 25.
I'll admit, I'd been panicking about turning twenty-five… Why? Well I can't exactly put my finger on it. I feel like it's a combination of; I still feel 21, I have no real direction in life, I haven't achieved what I wanted yet, oh and I still feel 21. So, as a bit of fun, I thought I would share twenty-five things I've learnt in my years up until this point; things I wish I'd know before this point and even things to take with me into the future.
01. Nobody says 'remember the time I stayed in & ate Malteser's in my pyjamas while watching Netflix?'
02. Having said that, do what you enjoy and do it often. Just, try to have a bit more of a social life.
03. Life is far too short to be embarrassed of the skin you're in. Love yourself.
04. Everything changes. Even you. There's nothing on this planet that won't - embrace it.
05. No matter how much make-up you buy, your face will always look like your face - embrace that too.
06. Hot chocolate is always a good idea.
07. You're never too old to call your mum. Or want a hug.
08. Your life doesn't need to have a definitive plan by the time you're 21. The world will not end.
09. Let go of grudges and move on.
10. Remember to take the time to look up, take in your surroundings & truly live.
11. Having five good friends is sometimes better than fifty flakey ones.
12. You will regret every hairstyle you've ever had.
13. And probably every fashion choice too.
14. Never stop learning. Knowledge is wealth.
15. Don't be afraid of the fear of failure - if it doesn't work, it doesn't matter.
16. Everyone around you is having babies & getting married. You're sat talking to your pet. That's ok.
17. You can never be too grateful, too loving or too humble.
18. Going to bed at a reasonable time is, more often than not, a very smart choice.
19. Explore, make new friends and really see the world. There is more to it than your city.
20. Hangovers will only get worse as time goes on.
21. As well as your metabolism.
22. Theres no such thing as too much fun - grab every opportunity by the cojones.
23. Smile at strangers, it will make you feel good. Even if it is confusing to some.
24. You will see fashion statements being made of things you wore as a child. Hello scrunchies & jelly sandals.
25. Take every day for what it is. Live in the moment and enjoy it.