Introducing the new addition to the house;
Internet, meet Herbert, the seven week old African Pygmy Hedgehog!
Cute isn't even the word.
We've had him four nights now and he's settling in wonderfully. Like most 'babies' he enjoys sticking in his head in his food bowl, snoozing, snuggling... and pooing all over. (You can't exactly be mad at that little face though).
He's lovely and making such an interesting pet, I'm learning so much along the way. I've wanted an APH for such a long time, it's just amazing to have him finally here!
There's been a lot of questions about the fact he's quite unusual, so...
...for those interested (it's fact time!) :
- Firstly, yes, it is legal and yes, they can be kept as pets!
- He lives in a rabbit size cage & when he's twelve weeks old he'll get a 12" wheel.
- He is nocturnal and becomes a very grumpy, prickle bomb when he wakes up.
- He eats cat biscuits - which is very funny to watch - also chicken, egg & mealworms.
- He is Chocolate coloured and Algerian (the little brown cheek markings).
- He will lick/nibble any new smell (inc. people), then foam at the mouth and lick his quills; known as anointing - also very amusing.
- He is the most adorable pet I have ever, ever had.
- He likes pooing on people (read: me).
I've been a bit snap happy - my instagram is now hedgehogram - but still, expect to see lots more pictures soon! :)
Possibly my favourite picture so far; head tickles!
Herbert can also now be found on Facebook :)
Hope you're all having a lovely Jubilee Weekend.