You may have heard me mention a little thing called -
TEAM BANGS ON THE RUN!
look at those gorgeous faces!
Yes, I have already done a (very excitable) post on this amazing team of ours, but its time to break it down so that everyone understands, quite literally; who, what, where, when and why!
- WHO - Well look above, get clicking those photos to follow us on Twitter! Left to right, Muireann Carey-Campbell, Michelle Allen, Tahirah Edwards Byfield, Candice Brown-Brathwaite, Jayne Hardy, Cassandra Denton, Lauren Busby, Samantha Collier, Elle Hankinson, Amy Baker, Sarah Williams, Kelly Peel, Jo Gifford & Yours Truly! We're a team of 14 women, organised by the one & only BangsAndABun, situated all over the UK, ranging in age & abilities, but we all have one interest in common- running.
- WHAT - Run to the Beat Half Marathon. 13 miles of pavement to be pounded by our kitted out feet (plus 17,000 others!). It's not just your average Half Mara, this one has live bands & music as we run through the new areas, starting and finishing at the O2.
- WHERE - London town! Where else?
- WHEN - 25th September, 2o11. Giving us... *pauses to count* 14 weeks to get fully prepared! Eek.
- WHY - The most important "W"... Why, well first of all, we're raising money for the very worthy charity, Refuge. A charity that provides safe houses and emergency accommodation for women and children when they are most in need and suffering from domestic violence. A charity that is close to our hearts, so please, please help us raise as much money as possible, anything down to pounds or pennies, every little helps and you can do so here -> http://www.justgiving.com/teambangsontherun2
Really it comes down to the fact that I have legs, and they work.
Following a sudden and extremely sad death of a loved one in my family I decided to sign up Race For Life to raise money for Breast Cancer Research, but not just the 5k, I wanted to aim for the 10k.
Before this I'd never run anything in my life, not even for a bus.
I knew it would be a challenge, but what has kept me going is that; I'm alive, I have my health, I have two perfectly functioning legs, what is really going to stop me? Well, nothing.
I want to prove to myself, for once, that I can do this. That I can be good at something, something challenging that I wont give up on, won't quit half-way. Something that will improve my life for the better, my health, my body issues, my confidence and over-all help others.
If I can just inspire one other person to run, I will be happy. I know how much it has helped me so far and will continue to do so, it is only doing good in my life.
And so, I am excited for what is to come :)
I had my 10k on Saturday, It was difficult, but I did it. I now have less than 14 weeks to get to super-hero, ass kicking, half marathon status, and trust me when I say this is going to be a whole other adventure on its own.
Keep your eyes peeled! And pleasee help us out in the mean time!